and what do i post about first.... this annoyingly catchy song from Korea.
IT WAS ALL OVER ASIA and I love it!
Photos from tip to come in the next few days!
Just had this conversation via email with salimbol . Funny how it always comes back to hot guys and food, I am AMAZED we are not as big as houses or giant whores:
You’ve probably been good enough for a monkey. The real question is, have you been good enough for a mallowpuff?
…I hate myself for mentioning mallowpuffs, BTW.
Now I hate you too. mmmmmmmmm Mallowpuffs!
Yum, we haven’t had them for ages. Yum yum! Also ginger kisses! (mmm, Jerry Yan, and Vic Zhou is kind of like tiramisu. Kingone’s something that’s got dark chocolate white layers…)
Ha that’s very true! and Joe Cheng is like a lollypop- really tall and lickable
Ha! Spot on! What would BYJ be?
I think he’s be something dark and decadent- ah the Hot Fudge Cake!
Or – or! That cheesecake you saw yesterday!
He’d be everything that’s bad for you! mmmmmmmmmm BYJ- we need to watch a little Legend!
Mmmm, it definitely should have cream with it. And yes, Legend!
Ho Gae’s probably a combination of licorice and chocolate
What is Joo Ji-hoon? That’s a tricky one – it has to be refined, and probably with liquer in it…
You forget how many hot guys are in Legend- mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Joo Ji Hoon. Yeah something hard (no pun intended) and hazlenutty?
Yes, something with nuts would be good for him – but it’s got to be elegant, so it can’t be a Picnic bar or anything ;-)
What about Saryang? Perhaps a delightful pale indigo mousse? ;-)
Yeah he might be that rasberrry creamy cheesecake
Te he: Kang Ji Hwan is Rocky Road
Rocky Road – awesome call!
What’s Mike He – something with chocolate and caramel and mousse, I think. Maybe he’s a banoffee pie!
This is an odd conversation
But a fulfilling one, nonetheless. You may reproduce some of it on your blog if you like ;-).
Ooh! That hot guy from Zettai Kareshi might well be that white chocolate with mousse and raspberry that we ate the other day!
Who is the prettiest Disney Herione?
My bad my bad! I've been leading an unimaginably boring life for the last few months and have little to post about, so quick recap:
1. The major thing I have been up to in the last month is getting my eyes lasered! After 16 years of wearing glasses I am now one of the non-bespectacled people of the world. It feels weird! I had to have a custom surface procedure instead of just LASIK as I have steep corneas (damn you corneas!!) which takes up to three weeks to get perfect vision, so right now my eyesight is very blurry with a lot of double vision.
2. I have started (and nearly finished) watching Battlestar Galactica. The funny thing is I started on the very last episode when it aired here a few months ago. I flicked the channel over when it was halfway through and got hooked. So I am now on the fourth season and still liking it, I felt the second was the best and it’s slowed down since then, but still plugging along nicely
3. Having got my grubby little hands on the first seven episodes of the second season of True Blood I polished them off over the weekend. This season feels more thought thorough and cohesive than the last even if the are veering off from the books. I don’t like about half of the characters on the show (whereas I liked all in the books) but that’s why God invented the fast forward button. Plus Erik= HOTTIE.
4. Have been rereading the Sara Donati ‘Into the Wilderness’ books. After a halfassed attempt to reread Diana Gabaldons work I switched to this (I loved Gabaldons work as a teenager but find it increasingly drawn-out and wish it had ended at Voyager). I like Donati’s first novel (Wilderness) but find the ever increasing cast too much (and too dislikable) to handle and find myself skipping through to the more interesting character situations.
5. Salimbol and I are almost all set for our trip to Japan in November, we just have a few more things to buy closer to the time. We’ll be there for the Shichi Go San Festival in which 3, 5 and 7 years olds get a festival dedicated all to themselves. I sense some incredibly cute pictures coming our way.
6. In the year of the rewatch (which is now 2009’s official name) we have been rewatching all the animated Disney movies which has been pure crack. I think we’re onto Aladdin tonight. Which led us onto a very interesting discussion: Who is the prettiest heroine from these flicks? (and then to who’d the hottest guy and the best sidekick etc), hence the poll in my previous post.
And now back to the daily grind *le sigh*
- Current Music:Labyrinth Soundtrack
My little darling Duncan brought in a mouse yesterday- at 5am. Being 5am I wasn't in my right mind, so instead of helping said mouse I chased him out of my room and went back to sleep. Upon waking at my usual time of 6.30am I had forgotten the incident until I was on my way out the door and I see Duncan peering up at the curtains with much interest; mouse was now at the top of the railings and impossible to catch, so left for work. So, in a house of eight cats, we now have a mouse running free on the curtains. Go figure.
That wasn't even the funniest part; last week I had gotten a free Despereaux toy (from The Tale of Despereaux) and put him on my desk to match my other toy, so all day I had this face staring at me:
So I want you to ask me something you think you should know about me, something that should be obvious, but you have no idea about, or something you've always been curious about but have never asked, or something completely silly that you'd like me to answer for kicks. No limits on the range of questions, either: ask me anything you want to know about, whether it's a fannish opinion or a question about a fic of mine or trivia about my real life or my thoughts on events in the offline world.
Go for it! Let me know if you want to hear about my past as a
"First you get the money, then you get the women, then you - wait a minute. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate- no that’s not right either" Xander Season 4
So began my rewatch of Buffy Season 4 and 5. Having conned the elder sister (salimbol) into paying for new DVD copies of Buffy series 4-7, I set about watching them. I have just finished S5 and some S2 & S3 rewatches and while S5 onwards is not nearlt as good, it's still entertaining TV. More thoughts to come on the whole series when I'm finished. The first half of season 4 didn’t grate nearly as much as I remember it doing so when I watched it for the first time a few years ago, and I have fallen in love with the music in the series again. (attached are my favs).
Something I do still love about Buffy is the fight scenes; not so much after S4 when they got a new stunt double for Sarah Michelle Geller, but before that they rocked!
Bufy vs The Master S1
Buffy vs Angel S2- any fight tehy had was awesome but my fav might be at teh end of Innocence
Buffy vs Faith S3- possibly the most brutal fight ever seen on TV
Buffy vz The Gentlemen S4- no sound = scary
Sophie Zelmani: Season 1, Episode Angel
After Buffy discovers Angel is a Vampire they meet at the Bronze and discuss why they can’t be together (worked out really well)
Alison Krauss- It Doesn’t Matter: Season 2, Episode 1 When She Was Bad
Buffy has come back from her Summer in LA and is moody and distant, song begins when she and Angel are talking in her bedroom.
Cibo Matto- Sugar Water: Season 2, Episode 1 When She Was Bad
Buffy sexy dancing with Xander at the Bronze. After all these years I still don’t understand some of the lyrics.
Morceeba- Never An Easy Way: Season 2, Episode Passion
Angel watches Buffy dance at the Bronze and talks about how passion rules us all
Puccini- La Boheme: Season 2, Episode Passion
SOB! The song playing when Giles enters his apartment and believes Jenny has planned a romantic evening for the two of them. He walks upstairs and- you know the rest.
Splendid- Blue: Season 7 Conversations With Dead People
I’ve only watched this episode once but the song stuck with me.
- Current Location:At work but not working
- Current Music:Darling Violetta- The Cure
CYBER HUG ME!
Basically I work in the office of blame. Everyone is always blaming everyone else for the stuff that goes wrong, there is no support system and it's a hard environment to work in. I MUST FIND A NEW JOB.
ops - you seem to be the victim of an Accidental or Arranged marriage. You never intended to marry him. In fact, you may never even have met him before. But, somehow you managed to compromise yourself, or perhaps this marriage was arranged by your parents, all along. Either way, this is not a love match and you are angry, unhappy or afraid of the way things have turned out - at least, until you find yourself falling in love with him. There are so many ways this novel can go; maybe you distrust all men or perchance you just despise him personally. Perhaps he is a rake, or the enemy of your family or your country. Or, worst of all - perhaps you overheard him swear love for another woman, or express distaste for your person! But have no fears. Though misunderstandings (and probably seductions) will be plentiful, by the end of the novel, you and he will certainly have confessed your love for each other, and be well on the way to living happily ever after.